A traditional Peruvian story
- The Inca civilization flourished in ancient Peru between c.1400 and 1533 CE.
- Many tourists visit the Arequipa temple.
- Manco Capac and Mama Ocllo came out of the Lake Titicaca.
- Many people climb the Andes mountains to explore and discover new places.
- We were taking pictures of the land of the Incas, when someone stole my wallet.
- In the Koricancha temple, people were dedicated to the worship of the sun.
- The Inca Empire was the largest empire in pre – Columbian America.
- During the Inca empire, gold jewelry was a measure of social status.
- In the Amaru village, in Cusco, people still practice authentic traditions of their ancestors.
- She was reading a Peruvian legend when her mother called.
- While we were looking for ancient Inca ruins, the sun appeared.
- The Gold Museum tour started at 8 o’clock.
- When we teach «History of Peru», the students like watching videos.
- Citizens founded the «Lost City of Cloud People» in the jungle of the Peruvian Andes.
- People build brick houses, but the Inca walls were builtwith white stones.
- I usually search on the web site and yesterday, I found many interesting legends.
Simple Past and Past Progressive for long actions.
The simple past and the past progressive are both used to express actions that happened in the past. However, they are used in different ways.
The simple past is used to express completed actions. It is the most common way to talk about the past. For example:
- I went to the store.
- I watched a movie.
- I ate dinner.
The past progressive is used to express actions that were in progress at a specific time in the past. It is often used to describe the background of a story or to show that an action was interrupted by another action. For example:
- I was reading a book when the phone rang.
- We were playing soccer when it started to rain.
- They were driving to the airport when they got a flat tire.
In general, you can use the simple past to express a long action that happened in the past. However, if you want to emphasize that the action was in progress for a period of time, you can use the past progressive instead.
Here are some examples of how to use the simple past and the past progressive to express long actions:
- I was working on my project for hours.
- They were traveling for two weeks.
- We were waiting in line for an hour.
- He was playing video games all day.
As you can see, the past progressive can be used to add more detail to your writing or speaking. It can help you to create a more vivid picture of what happened in the past.